The Biomedical Device Laboratory (BDL) resides within the Department of Biomedical Engineering at Texas A&M University, a higher education research institution that is committed to solving health problems through exploration of new ideas, integrated research and innovation. The BDL develops novel technologies to improve health care through translation of research and proof-of-concept devices to clinical trials. A current focus of the BDL is shape memory polymer materials and devices. This includes material synthesis and characterization in addition to design, fabrication, and verification of innovative implantable medical devices. Through collaborations with industrial, clinical, and academic partners, the BDL enables commercialization of its materials and device.
- July 27, 2018 - Novel polymer foam device receives FDA clearance for cardiovascular treatments - Article Link Read More
- June 26, 2018 - Congratulations to Shape Memory Medical for receiving 510K clearance on the IMPEDE embolization plug! - Shape Memory Medical Receives FDA Clearance for the… Read More
- May 30, 2018 - Congratulations to Grace Fletcher for successfully passing her preliminary exam! Read More
- May 9, 2018 - Congratulations to Scott Herting for successfully passing his preliminary exam! Read More
- April 10, 2018 - Congratulations to Dr. Duncan Maitland for being inducted into the AIMBE College of Fellows! - Dr. Duncan Maitland Inducted into… Read More